Friday, March 4, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question comes from Mia who blogs at Girl About Books:
 "Who's your all-time favorite book villain?"

My answer: Could I argue that Raskolnikov is a villain in Crime and Punishment? His theory and violent acts are definitely villainous, but there is so much depth to his character that even though he commits heinous acts of violence, one begins to forgive him by the end after seeing his suffering and slow redemption, both internally and externally in his exile to Siberia. Does this make him a villain? Not to mention, Crime and Punishment is my favorite book.

5 comments:

  1. My favorite book villain is, hands down, is the Napoleon of crime -
    Professor James Moriarty.

    It took me less than ten seconds to come up with my answer. But you'll
    never guess why.

    Hop on over to my blog and find out -- http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complex and interesting answer. Here is mine: http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. New follower!
    I've always meant to read Crime and Punishment. I should some day.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting choice from a great book. Villains aren't my typical fare. But I managed to think up three. Happy Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Just hopping by. I barely made it through Crime and Punishment so I will have to take your word for it

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete