Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question comes from Mina who blogs at Mina Burrows:
 "If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"
My Answer:
I think I'm following the crowd on this one but I'd love to be put into Hogwarts and Harry Potter's world. However, I would not want to be Harry, Ron, or Hermione since their adventures are just a little too dangerous. Instead, I'd like to be one of the 'normal' students just in the background, living my magical life.





Q. Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.


1. I always, always, always carry at least one book with me, no matter where I'm going. "You just never know when you might have a little free time to pull out a book!"

2. When I'm home, I love glancing at my bookshelf through the day, pondering how pretty my books are and when which one I want to read next.

3. In elementary school, I use to go to the library during recess to help re-shelve books. Play outside or work in a library? Hmm, library!

4. My copy of The Fellowship of the Ring, which I bought in sixth grade, took me so long to read when I was that age, and I've read it several times since then, that I had to tape the cover back onto the book. I have bought another copy, but I cannot bring myself to part with that one. I can still remember when I bought it (at the school's book fair).

5. My mom once told me that she sometimes felt like a bad mother because she had to tell me to stop reading and go do something; I mean, what kind of parent tells their child not to read?! But really, she is a wonderful mother.

5 comments:

  1. I love these questions! I love getting to know people better! Hope you will stop by and check out my answers: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/03/its-friday-follow-friday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read Harry Potter....don't ask why. :)

    Hope everyone has a fun hope.

    My answer has three choices - stop by if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. HP was one of my answers too - it's a popular answer b/c it's so cool.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by:) Another one who hasn't read Harry Potter yet. I guess all the hype turns me away.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete