Friday, April 22, 2011

Book Review: The Provence Cure for the Brokenhearted by Bridget Asher


Synopsis:

Still mourning the loss of her husband, Heidi travels with her young, obsessive-compulsive son and her intolerably jaded teenage niece to spend the summer in the south of France. As three generations collide, they'll journey through love, loss, and healing.

My Review:

I think The Provence Cure for the Brokenhearted is a beautifully written book with wonderful characters. I connected to the story so much that I had a hard time reading it because I didn't want to know if anything bad was going to happen. I didn't want the characters to hurt anymore or experience any more grief in their lives.


The Provence Cure for the Brokenhearted is about a woman's travel to south France to a house that has been in her family for many years and is purported to work great love miracles. Heidi, the brokenhearted woman, lost her husband two years earlier due to a car accident which left Heidi and a single mom of a little boy, Abbot. Heidi brings Abbot and her niece with her to France.

While in France, Heidi connects with her son and niece, as well as the neighbor's son- who she has known since childhood. The Provence Cure shows the joy that come from grief as well as the grief that can come from joy and love. It depicts that pain of losing loved ones and the happiness of a family that comes together.

I loved this story and recommend it to anyone looking for a sentimental story with beautiful themes.

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment